Sunday, April 10, 2011

easter projects with the kids

As I was contemplating what kind of easter project I could do this Wednesay with my children I found an article in this months Country Living magazine.  The paper mache birds nests look much easier to make and less time consuming (time is such an issue with me - it happens to go along with being patient too I guess) but the natural dyed eggs look stunning!

paper mache birds nest

natural dyed eggs

bigsislilsis.com created these beauties in her own kitchen, sent them to Country Living magazine and they featured them on the front cover.  She used cabbage, onions, coffee, other natural ingredients and foliage to achieve this look. Pressed the foliage to the egg, wrapped them tightly in hosiery, then dip them into the dyes.  I think they are stunning.

hot cross buns

In New Zealand we often went to the bakery to get our favorite Easter treat... hot cross buns!  They are an English tradition and one that I enjoyed very much as a child!  We even sung this ditty as we were eating them... 
Hot Cross Buns
Hot Cross Buns
One a penny
Two a penny
Hot Cross Buns


here's a link to the recipe I love to use http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/hot-cross-buns-i/Detail.aspx


0 comments:

Post a Comment