Its the beginning of the year and after all the cookies, pies, turkey and ham I seem to have lost sight of my waistline! I like to weight train and enjoy zumba-cize-ing but walking (quick) is one of my favorite forms of exercise especially with a buddy. So here are some tips from my healthy and handsome husband (who also trains professional athletes, celebrities and the like):
- Walk for at least 40-45 minutes
- Find a route that has some hills to bring raise your heart rate
- If there is only one hill in the area, just go up and down it a couple times
- Use a buddy system, its more fun and you help each other
- If your not breathing heavy then speed up your pace a little
- Since we live in Arizona its important to stay hydrated, so bring your H2O
Its a good way to start off the new year!