Monday, October 17, 2011

"A White London Mansion"

 

I came across an email from New Zealand House & Gardens and was instantly drawn to their article "White London Mansion."  It always surprises me that so many people decorate in only white.  I've always been a very eclectic decorator.  I enjoy bursts of bright and bold colors infused with neutrals but this... this looked AMAZING!

White on white dining room.
A Chanel Jacket hanging from a Gentleman's coat rack.
White Rococo furniture.
I found a dresser like this for $20 at a local thrift store.   I chose to paint it gray and the drawer pulls white.  I'll have to put it up on the blog soon.
Love the silver touches.
The burst of yellow pulls your eye to the art.
The silver painted claw foot bathtub just takes my breath away!
The heavy, ornate hallway mirror adds texture
to what could be a bland area.




~ Con




4 comments: