Saturday, April 14, 2012

Decorating on a STRICT Budget - The Sedona Vacation Home




I was given the task of getting my in-laws home "Vacation Rental Ready" on a tight budget and I did it all under $700 and I'll explain how I did it.  I love shopping at thrift stores or resale furniture stores, yard sales and my own storage unit and I couldn't believe the amazing things I found in our small, little community.

Living room Before

Living room After


Black floor lamp $8
Chenille Sofa $35, pillows from my collection
Leather Sofa brought in from another room
Book shelf $45
old rug from my home laid over the original rug.

Kitchen was emptied and I found a whole 11 piece pot set from the Kitchen Store for $40
Flatware $8
6 pc Bowl set $7.99 from Tuesday Morning


Iron &Tile Dining room table with Suede chairs $75 from a yard sale (Thanks Pastor Cunningham)
$40 Heavy pile rug from Twice Nice Thrift Store 

Master Bedroom

 Candle stick lamps $12 each from the Paw Prints Thrift Store
Gorgeous new quilted King bed set $40 at a yard sale
Extra comforter and cover, pillows from my collection
Bed also from my collection

Small sofa brought in from another room
Slipcover from Goodwill $17


Egyptian cotton towels from Tuesday Morning $5-7 each
Cotton rug set $12 set from Beales
Old chair - freebie, just covered bottom with burlap


Bedroom "One" Before

Bedroom "One" After


 Almost new Seally pillow-top Queen bed $120
Old canvas painting covered in muslin and mod podged sewing patterns on to them, $5 total
Gold framed art work, estate sale finds $20
end table, books, magazines and foot stool, bedding and pillows are from my collection


Hallway Bathroom
Cotton rug set $5 yard sale
Ikea sheer curtains $2 each
Egyptian towels from Tuesday Morning $5-7 
Glass Jar $2 with soaps and shampoos 25c each

Bedroom "Two" Before


Bedroom "Two After
I placed the end tables in the Master bedroom, replaced the end tables with a cherry chest and large wicker toy box.  Both from my collection
Covered Chippendale chair, lamp shades, bedding and loop rug from my sisters collection of goodies!
Candlestick lamp bases $8 each from Paw Prints

The view from the back patio.... Priceless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment