Saturday, September 17, 2011

Halloween Decorating and Pumpkin Ideas

I'm trying to figure out how I want to paint or decorate my pumpkins this season and found some great ideas from a few of my favorite magazines such as Country Living, Better Homes and Gardens and Southern Living.

 Country Living
eHow

Better Homes & Gardens

We live in sunny Arizona where pumpkins are sometimes better painted rather than carved because a day in the hot sun can turn what was once a scary Jack-O-Lantern into a toothless old "gummer" within hours. 

Growing up in New Zealand we NEVER went out "trick or treating" or even celebrated Halloween.  Today it has become one of my favorite times of the year.  Candy, chocolates, scary costumes, corn mazes and haunted houses, witches parties... no, not what your thinking but a fun party where girl friends of all ages dress up as as Elphaba or Galinda,  Molly Weasley or Professor McGonagall and we eat crumpets, spongecake and sip on tea. 

I usually decorate my front entrance with Victorian dressed mannequins and old antique books, candelabra's, gigantic spiders and apothecary jars filled with eyeballs... the gummy ones!  This year I think I want to try something like this.
Spooky Spiders - Curious Sofa



Wouldn't it be fun to have oodles of candy in black and white like this picture from Pottery Barn


What ever is decided I will make sure to post it when I find the time.... but first things first, a HUGE Estate Sale next Friday and Saturday, then after that maybe decorating for Halloween?

0 comments:

Post a Comment