Monday, August 29, 2011

Changing from Red to Grey

After 8 years of having the luxurious color of Ralph Lauren Chimayo Red on my bedroom walls I'm painting them a soft Pebble Grey.  I couldn't resist how much it was going to cost me because the paint was free from my sisters garage.... yaaaaay!  The only cost: $10.90 for a pack of three paint roller sleeves from my local hardware store.

 This was my room yesterday!

This is a photo that I used for my inspiration.  Its very French Country and Traditional in style.  I already have the big four poster bed, crystal chandeliers, brocade touches and the only real change would be the walls.


Here's the contrast of the old red walls and the new gray walls.


The dresser was found at Mission Thrift for $20.  I painted it a deep gray,
sanded the edges and painted the hardware a contrasting glossy white.


My $20 Estate Sale chair redo


The mirror was found at Goodwill for under $15 and the crystal candy jars hold some of my jewelry.  I put pearls in one, brooches in another, silver and turquoise in the big jar, this way helps me stay organized and looks great at the same time.

Finally here is a photo of the room finished.  Its a very calming color and I just love it!


My awesome twin sister was at a yard sale and found the bench for me.  It had an ugly pink vinyl top but the wood finish was exactly how I wanted it.... cracked and chippy.  I covered the top in gray and off white ticking and reused the nail head trim to finish it.  Its a perfect place to put your boots or shoes on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment